Sunday, October 30, 2011

feet first...

Its been a busy week. The holiday shopping season is certainly upon us at work. Thus, the holiday induced stress of retail has taken hold of my mind, body, and spirit. I'm struggling with the concept of working in the "real" world lately. I keep a job only to pay the bills and to hopefully save for the future (which honestly doesn't happen as much as it should). I would prefer to merely make art, garden, and work as a full-time priestess. Which I'm sure is something a lot of people wish they could do. I have many friends who have tried to make it on that path and have left it behind, for several real world reasons.

Yet, as this year comes to a close and I reflect upon this fact, I'm thinking its time to concentrate far more on the things that bring beauty and wonder into my life, so that I may break with working in the "real" world and live the life I love. I was commited to this path once before and doing well. I was managing to balance the need to maintain a 9 to 5 in order to make doing the things I enjoy easier. I lost my way when I moved to South Dakota, due to fear, due to a need to survive in a place where my support network wasn't. So, as I move forward in this cycle of my life and prepare to move across the country once again, I feel its important to begin focusing on projects that will shift my daily life towards the life I want to live.

I have a to do list ahead of me in order to make this all happen. So far it includes the following:

~Finish writing cookbook and get it published. I'm setting a Nov. 30th deadline for writing.

~Focus more on my spiritual path. This blog is a gateway for just that.

~Spend less time procrastinating on facebook, reddit, etc... and more time on the above goals.

Wish me luck!

Today's Tarot:

Eight of Swords

This card always comes up when I'm feeling penned in and unable to focus. Most of the last few days have certainly felt this way. Including an MS flair up that caused my left eye to lose most of its focus all day Friday and parts of Saturday. This flair up served as a friendly reminder that I should be living the life I love. The Eights in all suits represent a decision to move forward and need to find direction. Well I've made my decision, and I will be moving in the direction of my destiny. Fear be damned! It's time to jump feet first.


No comments:

Post a Comment